10th Pharma & Health Conference
“Health Policy Priorities”
The 10th Pharma & Health Conference will focus on the priorities that Health Policy in Greece should set following the parliamentary elections of July 7th. This year’s anniversary event will take place on 18 July 2019 at the Athenaeum Intercontinental hotel.
The event is organized by Ethos Media, www.virus.com.gr website on healthcare issues and Pharma & Health Business Magazine (www.phb.com.gr) A special closed meeting will take place in parallel with the main conference, with the participation of the new leadership of the Ministry of Health, which will take office after the elections of July 7th. This meeting will also be attended by representatives of scientific and social organizations, patients associations as well as professionals involved in the healthcare market.
This meeting aims at encouraging the exchange of views between health organizations and the leadership of the Ministry of Health and the presentation of the new government’s priorities. Mr. Emilios Negis, journalist and managing editor of virus.com.gr, will be the coordinator of the discussion.
In addition to the main conference there will be 2 round tables, with the objective to encourage discussion among representatives of political parties and members of social and medical associations and unions (more specifically: patients’ associations, medical organizations, academics, pharmaceutical companies).
The conference begins in
- Is a public-private partnership (PPP) possible in healthcare?
- What measures should be taken for the control of pharmaceutical expenditure?
- What changes are necessary for the organization, administration and funding of the Hellenic Healthcare System?
- Application of the anti-smoking law – policy on reducing harm from smoking
- Criteria for the selection of new administrators in hospitals and healthcare organizations
- Prevention and re-organization of Primary Healthcare
This Conference is mainly addressed to:
- Representatives of Ministries and Public Authorities
- Managers of public and private hospitals
- Chief executives of public and private insurance organizations
- Executives from the Greek Pharmaceuticals Organization and regional healthcare services
- Clinical research companies executives
- NHS directors
- Pharmaceutical companies chief executives
- Medical equipment companies executives
- Research Institutes executives
- Pharmaceutical deposits executives
- Medical and pharmaceutical authorities managers
(Ballroom I at level 2)
Before the main conference, a breakfast meeting titled “Priorities in Healthcare” will be organized with the participation of political parties’ and scientific and social institutions’ representatives as well as healthcare companies’ executives. The meeting will be attended by the new political leadership of the Ministry of Health, which will emerge after the elections of 7 July. In addition, patients’ associations, scientific and social organizations representatives as well as healthcare market executives, will be invited to participate. The main objective of the meeting is the exchange of views between healthcare organizations and the Ministry of Health leadership, and the presentation of the new government’s priorities.
Breakfast meeting participation is free for the sponsors’ representatives. (Distinguished Corporate Participation, Bronze, Silver, Gold).
The meeting will be attended by:
The Minister of Health
Mr Vasilis Kikilias
The Deputy Minister of Health
Mr Vasilis Kontozamanis, MSc, MBA
Country Principal, Director of Management Consulting, Advanced Analytics, Primary Market Research, Health Technology Assessment, Real World Evidence at IQVIA Greece
General Practitioner, Greek NHS Consultant, Vari Health Centre, Athens, Secretary General, Athens Medical Society
Chairman of BoD & Managing Director, Greece, Cyprus & Malta, Astellas Pharmaceuticals AEBE
Associate Professor of Health Policy, University of Peloponnese, Greece, Senior Associate Director LSE Enterprise - Medical Technology Research Group